Friday, December 19, 2008

THANK YOU + A FREEBIE

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to all of you who left me comments wishing me well thru this whole ordeal I have been going thru. It really meant alot to me! I was have been (and still am) battling a bad kidney infection and UTI (urinary tract infection). It has gotten me so ill that all I did was stay in bed for like 5 days! I didn't know that having a UTI could make you so sick. I am feeling a little better today and made you all a simple Merry Christmas Wordart. But 1st, I want to share with you all a story that my 12 yr old wrote!

As parents, we try not to let our situations, especially financial situations, affect our children but kids are so smart and even some things that you hope they don't catch on to, they get! *LOL* Its not that we try to hind our little financial set back from our kids, but we don't make a big deal out of it either. Kids need to feel safe and not threatened by such trivial stuff. So, I guess it should not have came to such a shock to me that Kayla kinda incorporated our story into her own. She had to write a Christmas Story for school for a contest and have the chance to get it published in the local paper. This really touched my heart when I read it.


Here is her story:


Merry Christmas


"Mom, I am hungry," a little girl named Mary said. "We all are Sweetie, but we have to wait till dinner. Dads paycheck has been cut, so we have to ration our food for meals."

Mom was very worried about the pay cut because she wanted her kids to have a good Christmas.


"Mom, what does ration mean?" Mary's little brother, Charlie, asked.


"It means we portion our food at each meal"


"Oh, I get it." Mary and Charlie both said.


On the other side of town, a nice woman, Crystal, was thinking of what to do this year. She always did something kind on Christmas. She had heard about a family who got their paycheck cut. She decided she would cook them a hearty Christmas meal and would buy the children presents. She picked up some toy dolls for Mary and toy trucks for Charlie. She could not wait for Christmas!


Finally, Christmas Eve was upon them. Crystal finished up the meal and wrapping the toys. She took the half hour drive to the family's house.


Mom, Dad, Mary and Charlie were all so surprised. They invited Crystal to eat with them. "Please, Mom and Dad, cand she stay and eat?" the children asked.


"Sorry, but I have to go" said Crystal, "but Merry Christmas to you all and all have a good night!"


That was her rough draft....the final is a little better, but she turned that one in and I didn't have a copy to post here. She won 3rd place and got $10 for her story and it will be published in the local newspaper.


Its funny how kids just know that things will work out...I'm just wondering who our Crystal will be......I don't use this blog to ask for money, you all know that, I just wanted to share a story that my baby wrote. But if you do feel a little in the Christmas Spirit, I do have a donation button on the right and my family would be forever grateful!


Anyways.....here is your gift tonight! A simple 'Merry Chirstmas' Wordart..hope you can find a use for it!

Download

I hope you like this and can use it. Please leave some luv if you download...I love reading your comments!

6 comments:

deerwilderness December 19, 2008 at 11:43 PM  

That was a beautiful story your daughter wrote. I hope you continue to improve. Thank you for sharing your wonderful word art with us. Merry Christmas to all.

Janet December 20, 2008 at 12:58 AM  

thank you for the wordart for christmas.

Amberpony Creates December 20, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

I Love This WA!
I can just taste it

Get well soon! I Feel For You. Those UTI is miserable. Eat all the garlic you handle after you feel better so it doesn't come back

candylady December 20, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Thank you for the lovely story and the lovely freebie I hope you are feeling better

candylady December 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Thanks for the lovelly freebie I will put it to good use thanks again

Anonymous,  January 4, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

These are great, thanks so much for sharing

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

:: My Store Banners ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  © Blogger template Customization - Installation and Graphics by Krissy's Scraps 2010

Back to TOP