Saturday, September 27, 2008

'Loving Memory' Kit

Sorry I've meen MIA for awhile. (This post will probably be long, sorry. its worth it in the end) I have been having issues with my kids' schools! UUGGHH! I hate having to deal with them. They don't want to listen and they think they know everything. Kayla got kicked off the tennis team because I asked them why they took her to the elementary school for a pep rally without a permission slip. Because I asked that one quesion, it started a big war with them. I don't understand it. Kayla loves playing and I don't have a prolem with her going to pep rallys and such, but like I told the school, I need to know where my child is at all times. When I send her to school, I expect her to be there! Last year, when she was on the cheerleading team, anytime they went to pep rallys and such they had to have a signed permission slip, when I asked why they didn't need them this year, the principle got really nasty with me and said its within the law that they do not have to have one when its in the school district. Then she said Kayla could no longer go to them and then she hung up on me! Can you believe that? Not to mention that one of the tennis coachs left a mess on my machine that said they do not inform parents when the team travels and that required travel is part of being on the team. What kind of crap is that? Not informing the parents when team travels. Anyways, Thurs, the other coach came up to me while I was sitting in my van waiting for practice to be over,and she got right in my face and started fussing at me and told me that they were refunding my money and Kayla was no longer on the team. I told her to move (she was right by my door) and I yelled for Kayla so we could leave...then the coach threatened to call the sheriff on me. I was like WHAT? All I was doing was getting my child. These schools down here are sooo mixed up and I don't know what to do now from here because I now feel like my child is going to be discrimated against and may not make it on other school sports teams. I just can't believe that it came to this. I also had problems with the elementary school concerning my 4 yr. old son, Andrew. He keeps getting hurt at school. I don't think those Pre-K teachers of his watch those kids good enough. 1st he was pushed in the boys bathroom and hit the floor shattering one of his front teeth (we had to have it pulled, poor baby) and then he came home with a black eye (2days after the tooth incident)! Apparantly a little boy has been picking on him for awhile and this boy kicked him in the eye twice. I've been telling his teacher for 2 weeks prior to this that she needs to tell this little boy to keep his hands and feet to himself and off my son! When he got off the bus, his eye was purple & swollen. The teacher insists that his eye was fine when she put him on the bus. She didn't even send him to the nurse or call me about his eye. (I was there when his tooth got broke). Theres no way she didn't notice his eye! Then she lied in the accident report. I contacted the super-intendent but he doesn't seem all that concerned. This happend 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back from him yet. I am waiting on a call from the State Department of Education, so I can explain what is going on. I'll keep you posted. This happened @ around 11am on the playground and this is how he got off the bus @ 4pm. Look at this pix and tell me how in the world the teacher did not notice his eye.



Anyways, on to much brighter news. I finished my very 1st kit! I hope you all like it. I always have my camera on me and I took some pretty awesome pix of the sky. You can actually see some of the suns rays shining thru the clouds. I also took some pix of a rose my husband bought me and thats when I came up with the idea for this kit. My great-grandparents passed away like 20 years ago, and even thoug its been a really long time, I still miss them terribly sometimes. Especially when I look @ my kids and think about how much they would have enjoyed them. So, from all that this kit 'Loving Memory' was created. I hope you all like it and find uses for it. I included my TOU, please abide by my terms. I would love to see what ever you come up with, you can e-mail me @ mustangshelly24@yahoo.com . I also made a QP for you, it is not quite like my LO, but you can add your own pix down in the corner like I did, if you want. Click on the previews to download and don't forget to leave some luv (comments), especially this being my 1st kit, I would love to know what you all think of it!!



Preview of my kit 'Loving Memory'
******SORRY FREEBIE HAS EXPIRED. YOU CAN GET THIS KIT FOR ONLY $1 @ http://www.scrapdebris.com/michelles-angels.htm***********


Here is a LO that I made with this...


And click on the preview to download QP...don't forget the luv!


Thank you all and I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of my very 1st kit!!

6 comments:

Magicmaker September 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Hi! Michelle, I've just given you an award, see here http://fairydustprincess-magicmaker.blogspot.com/

Rose (Craftymoom) September 28, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Thank you for sharing... You kit is beautiful... Keep your chin up hopefully things will get better for you with the kids at school... Kayla may be upset that she can't be on the team but I bet she has the utmost respect for you for caring about her welfare.... Keep advocating for your children.. You are all they have to fight for their rights and well being... Good Luck...

Anonymous,  September 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

I love the simplicity of your kit. I make memory pictures and I have just the one to make with this kit. There is no way I can give credit for using the kit on these pictures, so if it is O.K. to use it, I will send the final layout and you can post it on your site, or wherever, and know that your kit is going to make a family cope with the loss of a loved one. Let me know if this will be O.K. You might also like to visit my site and see pictures that I have made.

Anonymous,  September 29, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

First, thank you ever so much for the lovely kit. Your kindness is appreciated.

Secondly, although I do not like confrontation, the Mother Bear is ferocious for a reason--our kids need us. Remember that the newspaper is another resource. Keep excellent notes and photos (like the purple eye) and don't be afraid to tell them all that if they don't correct their ways, you will make sure every parent in a 100 mile radius will know about the school's actions via contact with the newspaper. No one likes bad press. I suspect the Education Dept will help you but my experience is that they will circle the wagons to protect their own Your children are lucky to have someone who loves them enough to challenge those that put or leave them in harms way.

Elaine September 30, 2008 at 12:36 AM  

Thank you for the previews, love your kit & the Qp.

Anonymous,  October 24, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

After seeing Lei's layout (fairy dust princess) I had to come by and get this beautiful kit. Thankyou

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

:: My Store Banners ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  © Blogger template Customization - Installation and Graphics by Krissy's Scraps 2010

Back to TOP